Thursday, December 18, 2008

snow

We were all surprised to wake up to it snowing Tuesday morning. Porter especially.

I absolutely love the snow (minus the whole driving in it thing). But, it just doesn't seem like Christmas to me if there isn't snow covering the ground.

And there' s definitely some snow covering the ground, and more and more seems to keep joining it. It started snowing on Saturday...snowed a ton on Tuesday...and snowed some more last night. We probably have over 2 feet on the lawn. Oh, and it's supposed to snow some more today. There's so much snow we don't know what to do with it.

Wait, that's a lie. We know exactly what to do with it...especially Porter. This boy was made for the snow. He loves putting on his coat and socks on his hands (there are no mittens to be found in the stores...we'll have to search when we're up north this next week). He hates having them taken off...even if we aren't going outside, he loves to keep his coat and socks on (always be prepared, right?).
Porter's at home in the snow. The cold doesn't bother him one bit. He could stay outside until his fingers freeze and he wouldn't care one bit.

But, eventually we have to come inside and when we do, Porter can be found here... staring out the window at the snow.

"Wow wow wow!"

4 comments:

Gramma M said...

Yeah, I'm just a big wuss when it comes to getting out in the stuff...so he didn't inherit any of his polar endurance abilities from me!

Kari said...

Cute, cute. And maybe it's a boy thing. I remember, when I was little, I wanted to get out in it . . . for about five minutes. And then I wanted hot chocolate. Jack can go for hours and his momma gets out just enough to take some pictures and run back in for the cocoa.

Karen said...

I agree with you about the whole not driving in the snow. I love it, but from my front yard, playing, or my front window. I found some gloves for Ethan at Target, a two pack for 99 cents! I don't know about mittens, but if you need some, let me know, I have a pair Ethan doesn't wear you can have. Just let me know.

Moab Cozzens said...

Maybe it's because I grew up in Moab where it doesn't snow that much, or maybe it's my wimpy car that slides around in it, but I can certainly do without the stuff. It is nice for Christmas. Those little boys though, they just seem to love it