Saturday, December 3, 2011

Honeylocust

I have to say that I have a love-hate relationship with these trees. We have two BEAUTIFUL honeylocusts in our yard. They are the envy of the neighborhood. Ever since we moved in, people will stop as they are walking by just to tell us they have always loved the trees. Our neighbors across the road planted 3 honeylocust trees just because they loved our so much. Plus they make excellent climbing trees.
However, they are enormous and they drop so many leaves in the fall that it gave me blisters raking up all the leaves. In this picture you can see one small pile of leaves. It was the fourth time I raked the leaves from these trees... and the last time. We filled an entire trailer with leaves that we raked from these trees.
It's a good thing they're beautiful and that I love the full grown trees in my yard... otherwise they'd be outta here. I can't wait to see what they look like in the spring.

3 comments:

Karen said...

We have a willow tree we feel the same way about. Too many leaves but it keeps the backyard shady all day all summer long!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

A leaf blower would make a great Christmas present! I love trees though.

Moab Cozzens said...

I want to see you put lights on that tree :)