Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back to school

I'll get back to finish up Oregon later... but in the meantime, these boys started school.
 I had Porter draw a picture and write "kindergarten" for me last year. I want to see how their handwriting improves year after year, so here he is with his "First grade" photo. That's a picture of him with his red hair.

He was more excited about it than he looked...and a little bit nervous.
He was so happy that his teacher liked his red hair, but he was scared she wouldn't like his freckles... so he planned to ask her first thing that day.


He's very excited to sit by his teacher's desk and he quickly made friends with the kids around him.

 
He ran up to me after school yelling, "She does! She does like freckles!!"
It made his day.

 
 

Then, today, it was this kid's first day of kindergarten. He was a little nervous too, but he's so excited to have Porter's teacher from last year (I am happy he has her too!)

 Here's his "kindergarten" sign... and that's a picture of him opening the door to Kindergarten.

I didn't think he was nervous until he sat down in class and he watched me leave. He looked terrified.

But he ended up loving it, just as I knew he would. He's such a cute kid and he was thrilled to be in the same school as Porter. 

Afterwards I took them out for ice cream.

And that's when I learned that these two boys, who daily fight like cats and dogs, are really and truly best friends.
Porter has 3 recesses a day. 
He told me that he couldn't find Bridger at the first or second recess.
They found each other at 3rd recess.
And they played together the whole time.
They played soldiers.
I didn't even know that they were planning on finding each other.
 I may have cried a little bit when I found that out.
 We shared our ice cream with Ford...cause he wouldn't have had it any other way. And I enjoyed hearing that their favorite part of their day was when they found each other.
These little monkey's are getting too big for my liking. I want to wrap them up and keep them this little for a whole lot longer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, that just tugs at my heart :) I hope you are keeping their "signs" in a scrapbook somewhere. They are adorable!! Such cute, sweet boys. I remember when my kids were that age wanting to keep them right there forever. I even toyed with the idea of inventing a pill that would freeze them the age they were when they took it. I should have done that.

GrammaM said...

Such a cute age...but they seem to stay cute regardless of age!

Kimbrey said...

So sweet. Apparently I haven't checked your blog for a month.... Your Oregon pictures are so beautiful!

Kimbrey said...

Ok, if 20 comments show up saying the same thing it's because I'm having problems leaving this ONE comment!!!

Your boys have such a sweet relationship. I could see how much they care about each other at Cozzens Camp. And your Oregon pictures are SO beautiful!