Friday, March 28, 2008

great outdoors

I love being outside, and I'm glad that my boys do too. We go for walks all the time and play in the yard (now that we have a yard), and we are looking forward to the warmer weather to allow us to go hiking! I don't know what the obsession is or how it started, but I love hiking. I love going to Moab and hiking arches, and I am now so excited to hike through Zion's and to all of the little less known areas around here.

I'm very privileged to work with people who have lived their entire lives here and know the little trails that lead to magnificent places. Places that most tourists don't know about. I talked with some people at work last night, and all I can say is that I have a list... and it's getting long. I may even have to get over that fear of falling from heights and take up some repelling lessons. It looks like many of the great hikes are only accessible to rock climbers, but don't worry Mom, there are plenty of places for me to hike with my feet on the ground before I get that desperate to get my adrenaline pumping!
I just can't wait to get started! We are going hiking with Kimbrey, Daniel and Chase tomorrow and I'm so excited!
On to other topics...

This week has been so hectic and I'm sorry for the lack of posts, but things have been a bit crazy.
Our main sewer line broke this past week, and we are waiting to have it fixed. Kyle believes it's just a crack in the main line (I don't understand all of the rest of the stuff he explained, but I'm sure that CRACK and MAIN SEWER LINE in the same sentence is bad). We can still run our water, and everything still runs fine, but that means that they will have to dig up our yard that we just seeded in order to replace the pipe.

But, enough of all that. I know that this blog is mainly checked for pictures of a small red-headed boy, so here they are!
Porter loves to crawl out onto our front porch and sit and watch the children who run down our street. We have schools near our house, so at about 2:30 in the afternoon it's Porter's people-watching time.


Still just as smiley and happy as ever. I can't get enough of this kid!

3 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

That's sure a cute, happy little boy venturing into the great outdoors. Thank goodness for spring!

Karen said...

Ethan loves being outside too! It's nice to let him run around and get tired so he sleeps well at night!

Kari said...

I love the shot of him sitting on the porch and waiting for the kids--the patience, the anticipation. Love it.