Tuesday, September 8, 2015

8

This post has been sitting in the wings for way too long.
 This sweet kid turned 8. He is a hoot. We had a nice little interview together on his birthday and if I do say so myself...this kiddo is awesome.

What's your favorite color now? Green
Why is it green? Cause a long time ago you said that you wanted it to be green again someday, so it is! So you did it for me? Yep! Well, thanks buddy.
What is your favorite food? It is still Corn dogs! (bursts into a chorus of "Corndog" by Ryan Shupe)
What's your favorite dessert? It is cookies and ice cream! Ooh, together or separately? Both! 
Those are good choices!
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Veterinarian. 
What's your favorite game to play? It's Monopoly. Yes Ma'am.
What's your favorite toy to play with? Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots. That was pretty nice of your brother to get you for your birthday huh? Yes!
What can you do now that you are 8 that you couldn't do when you were 7? Be baptized.  
Are you excited to be baptized? Yes.
What is your least favorite food? My least favorite? You mean like something I don't like? Yep
PICKLES!! Yuck. I completely agree buddy.
What's your favorite movie? Inside Out. That was a fun one to go see. It's now your new favorite? Yep!
What's your favorite book?  I love Piggie and Gerald books and My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish.
Tell me 5 things you're good at.
1. I'm really good at reading.
2. I'm great at helping you make dinner.
3. I'm good at riding motorcycles.
4. I'm really good at helping you take care of Ford.
5. Drawing pictures.

I agree with all of those things. You are  a great reader, and you are awesome at helping me make dinner. You are getting really good at riding motorcycles. You help me with Ford a lot and you are a very good brother. And the pictures you draw are amazing!

What's your favorite Book of Mormon Story? Ooh! I love the story of King Noah.
What do you like about the story of King Noah? (Porter then launched into a 10 minute retelling of King Noah and Abinadi that would have put my retelling to shame...this kid has a phenomenal memory).



I'm so proud of this kid. He's such a sweetheart.
He's a good boy. He tries to be good and he feels really bad when he does things wrong.
He does what he can to help out around the house. He especially loves to help me cook dinner.
He is obsessed with animals, bugs and rocks.
He LOVES being a big brother.  He's very careful with his little brother and he is a good protector of Ford.
He is thrilled to be having a baby sister on the way and mentions her multiple times a day.
He loves school and has been so excited to go back. He was really worried that his teacher wouldn't be like his teacher last year (whom he loved) but he likes this new one just as much.




(I couldn't stop laughing because he keeps his hand on my belly all the time...otherwise he might miss baby sister kicking.)
Such a sweet kid. I love him to pieces and I am so proud of him that he decided to be baptized.

2 comments:

GrammaM said...

Oh my...he is such a cute, sweet boy!!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Congrats on baby sister! Your kids are all adorable. 8 is a great age. We really should get together sometime and meet at a park or something. Are you still working?