Friday, July 17, 2009

one year older and wiser too...

Kyle's birthday was this past Sunday, and since we ended up at the family cabin for the Johnson reunion over his birthday, we decided to have another little celebration when we got home.
Kyle got a charcoal grill for his birthday and was tickled to be able to use it, so we got a couple of ribeye steaks, plucked some squash and zucchini out of our garden (the first fruits of our labor... or veggies if you want to get technical) and grilled them up for a nice little BBQ in our backyard. The food was excellent, and the company even better.We set up Porter's pool and let him go to town... he was so excited to get in that we didn't have a chance to change him completely into his swimming garb before he barreled into the pool. Hence, the non-matching swim-wear.
And in the mean-time, Bridger worked on rolling from his back to his belly (which he finally succeeded in yesterday).We had a nice relaxing evening celebrating the birth of the greatest man I know... I'm a very lucky girl.

Happy 29th sweets, I love you.

9 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh, I love the roll-over pics. Almost like being there to see it in person!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Happy birthday Kyle, again. Also, congratulations to Bridger!! What a big accomplishment! As hard as he was working on that at the cabin, I'm sure he's pretty proud of himself too!

Kari said...

All about Kyle, I know, so happy birthday and yada, yada.
But I just thought that I should tell you, I plan on calling your second born, Hubert, from now on. Perhaps Hoobert, even. Could they look more alike?

Amy said...

Mmmm...fresh grilled squash - I'm coveting. :)

Gramma M said...

I'm going to print those roll-over pics and put together a flip book...it will be like being there!! Cute boys...all three.

Moab Cozzens said...

Hoobert? Some people should be blocked from some people's blogs I think, or at least threatened with it. Congratulations BRIDGER on your huge accomplishment. Hoobert indeed!

Thanks Kyle for being the kind of son that anyone would be proud to have. Grandpa C.

Chelle said...

Well Dave, I’m taking your advice, so consider yourself threatened with being blocked. If you can’t play nice, I’ll have to block you.

Actually, Hoobert is Jack’s way of pronouncing his (and Bridger’s) Great-Grandpa Hubert’s name, a man to whom Bridger bears a striking resemblance.

Besides, you have no room to talk… Hoobert is after an amazing war veteran…you call him “kwakwee” after a crawdad.

Remember, this is your first warning, and you only get 37. (You get a few extras, partly because I know that you are teasing, but mostly because you supply me with black-market, out of season Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist.)

Moab Cozzens said...

OK, OK, I'll play nice. I was just having a little fun, no harm done. I had forgot about your grandpa's name. I was afraid something like that was behind the Hoobert thing, but gee, do you think you can forgive me. And just 37 chances? Why not start with an even hundred? What if I can get Kari on my side?

Kari said...

Oh, I don't know . . . that all depends . . . I am pretty offended . . . how much of that black-market Cranberry Splash have you got?