Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

 This is the first year we've been on our own for Christmas Eve, and the boys wanted to start it out right.
I have to admit, I've never been swimming on Christmas Eve before... but it was definitely a great idea.

 (Trying to take more timed shots this year, so that I can be in more photos. Turns out trying to run, jump in a pool, and pose in 10 seconds isn't as easy as it looks.)


These two boys are natural swimmers.

We came home and we opened up our Christmas Jammas. Bridger was so excited that he was trying to put them on over his clothes.
 Then we headed out to check out the Christmas lights. This house has its own radio station, and the lights are synchronized with the music. It was amazing.

 Finally, we came home, wrote letters to Santa and made candy cane cookies to leave for him.
Oh, and we watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...cause it isn't Christmas without it.
Porter needed help with the letter, but he did a good job writing and coloring pictures. The letter says, 
"Dear Santa, Ho Ho Ho. This year I would like a Lightning McQueen Car. Thank you, Porter"
At the bottom are pictures of Lightning and Sally.

It's been such a fun holiday season with these little boys. I don't know who's more excited for tomorrow... me or them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like the perfect Christmas Eve tradition! Also I'm glad we'll be seeing more of you this year.

Moab Cozzens said...

What a fun Christmas Eve! Those boys are so cute it tugs at my heart. Can't wait to see you all!