Tuesday, January 24, 2012

 It finally snowed. These pictures are from our first snowfall a couple of weeks ago. I love the big trees in our yard covered in snow. Love having our own yard.
 The boys were so excited to go out in the snow that Bridger headed out wearing only this...
 He came running back in the house shortly after, and ran straight to the wood stove saying that he needed to warm up his thumbs... really those are the last things I would have been complaining about being cold if I was wearing the same outfit... but we pulled out their new snow coats and pants and sent them out to build a fort.
 I remember when I was little using food coloring in water to color the snow, so I loaded a couple of spray bottles with hot water (to keep their hands warm) and let them paint their fort.
 It kept them entertained for hours. Porter is in love with the snow. He would play outside in it all day, every day if we let him. Bridger is a little less than impressed. He gets excited for a little while and then wants to come inside and get warm... although he is a big fan of eating the snow. He picks up big handfuls and stuffs them in his mouth.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe how big Bridger is - (are they the same height?) such adorable boys. :)

Angie said...

Sledding? Have you been sledding yet? Sounds like Bridger might be like Miri and not really care for it much, but Porter will have a hayday!

Moab Cozzens said...

Painting your snow fort? Great Idea! Why did I not know about this when my kids were younger? Oh yeah, no snow in Moab :(

Chelle said...

Amy, no, they aren't the same height. Porter has Bridger by a good several inches... but Bridger is a tank and weighs the same as Porter.
Sledding! of course, why do I keep forgetting... thanks Angie, that will be on the to do list this weekend.
Carri, such a deprived childhood... I'm so sorry :) you'll have to come up and have fun in our snow!