Friday, March 8, 2013

Oregon 2013

For Christmas Kyle's parents rented a home on the Oregon coast for all of us to stay in for a week. We ended up going at the end of February... not the ideal time to visit the coast, but with 3 babies joining our family from spring to fall, there really wasn't a better time! And it was so much fun! I love the Oregon coast. Day one was not that picturesque however... driving through Nevada never is. But our second day started out much prettier.
Not that this was exactly what I wanted to wake up to when we left our snow covered Utah, but man it looks beautiful on 80 foot pine trees.
 Several hours later, we were out of the snow (and I could stop panicking) and we arrived at the ocean. One of my favorite places to visit on the coast. Shore Acres is incredibly beautiful and if you get the opportunity to go, I highly suggest you take it.
 We saw enormous waves, and although we were quite high above them, we even felt the spray on our faces.
It was a beautiful long scenic drive the second day up to our beach house in Pacific City.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Ah, I love reliving great times through photos. We give you all the credit for all the fun since you suggested the trip. Can't wait to see the rest of your beautiful pictures.

GrammaM said...

That area is one of my favorite vacation spots...love the family photo shot, too!!