Friday, April 26, 2013

all of my boys

It's a rare occasion that we all get to be together during daylight hours. Most families have the weekends to hang out. But we run on a slightly different schedule than most families. I work Friday and Saturday nights... which means I am home on Saturday, but if I don't sleep then I'm basically awake from the time I get up with my boys on Friday morning and stay awake until Sunday night which is about 36 hours with no sleep. So I sleep on Saturdays and Kyle is so sweet to let me catch a good cat nap on Sunday mornings too, but I'm normally so wiped out that I have to crash after church as well.

This particular Sunday I decided that I had had enough. I wanted time with my boys.

All of them.

At the same time.

So we had Charlie jump in the back of the car and we headed up our favorite little canyon. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun throwing rocks in the river and playing fetch with Charlie.

I realized as I took this picture that I'm slightly outnumbered.

One girl, four boys.

Wait, make that five, there were five boys on this outing... I'm getting more outnumbered as we speak and I love it.

It was a perfect Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Love the picture. The boys and their dog.

Kimbrey said...

Yay for boys!