Wednesday, August 7, 2013

tidbits of my day

-I took Charlie into the groomers today (his hair has gotten quite long and I wanted it trimmed all off). The cute girl who checked us in asked if it was okay that she spelled Charlie "Charley" instead of with an 'ie'. I told her that was just fine, didn't make a difference to me. He'll respond to Charlie no matter how it's spelled.
She responded that she now spells Charlie with an 'ey' because she got yelled at one day by some lady that she had spelled her dogs name incorrectly. So now she spells all 'Charlie's' the same way, just in case the woman comes back.
People can be so sensitive about the silliest things.

-While talking to the groomer about how I wanted Charlie's hair cut (short, all of it short) two men, with matching schnauzers and matching shirts (each of their shirts matched the shirts on their dogs) came in and wanted to talk to the groomer...apparently they were not satisfied with the style of cut that 'Snuggles' had received.

I laughed a little bit.

- My card was declined today. I had the cashier run it 4 times because that couldn't be possible. She had been overly chatty with me and doting over Ford and as soon as it was declined she was very short with me.
I have never had that happen. And I don't know if I've ever been so embarrassed.
Kyle and I use a cash system most of the time. But with the baby, things have been thrown off the past few weeks. But I always pay the card off each week, we don't carry a balance so there's no way we were maxed out.
So I called my bank, and apparently on Monday at a Best Buy in Minnesota, someone tried to use my card. Then tried to use it this morning at 1:30am at a gas station in California. The lady at the bank asked if that could have been my husband using the card... but I'm certain I know where Kyle was at 1:30 last night ;) Kyle and I both still have our cards in our wallets...how does that happen?

Oh and I care enough about what other people think of me, that I was very tempted to go back into the store and tell the cashier why my card was declined. Having to haul all 3 kids back into the store was my only deterrent, but it was a good one.

-I heard "Put your hands in the air or I will shoot!" and I turned around to see this...
 I shot back, but it was just with my camera... how is a girl supposed to defend herself when faced with a pop gun, a light-saber, a bow and arrow and those baby blues? A girl doesn't stand a chance.

-I have found that organizing your day is paramount when you have a newborn. I forgot how that worked. Porter and Bridger are big enough now that timing errands around feedings hasn't been a problem for years...
I didn't plan so well today and so we found ourselves at Walmart at the time that Ford was supposed to eat again. I had him in a wrap (don't know how I would tackle this whole thing of having 3 kids without it) so I was able to keep him content, finish my shopping and get out to the car before he started crying.
On our way home, in the midst of the crying, I hear Bridger pipe up. "Ford, there will be no whining in this car!"... I wonder where he's heard that before.
As we made it a little further, and Ford didn't stop crying, Bridger tried to troubleshoot what was going on and why he was crying so much. "Maybe he had something sour to eat. I cry when I have something sour to eat!"

-We spent our evening playing soccer. Kyle, Bridger and Ford vs Porter and myself. It was quite entertaining, I wish there could have been someone videotaping it. I like being a family of 5.

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

It could be because we are reading this at midnight, but we found his hilarious! Sorry to have added to Bridger's assault arsenal. What a cutie!