Wednesday, February 6, 2008

If he's not teething...

Kyle was changing Porter's diaper and when I walked into the room talking. Porter practically pulled a muscle trying to get me in his view. He craned his neck as far back as possible, and this was the view that I got.

I started feeling so special. And then he got distracted. There was something to chew.

He will do anything to get something to chew on. By arching his back he can get his little gums around the bars of his changing table and suck on them. If he's not teething, and this is just part of his normal routine, my furniture is going to be in serious trouble for years to come.

He's such a darling little kid. There's always a smile, ready for anything. You can see it in his eyes. I love every second with Porter. I find myself giddy in the morning when I wake up to hear him talking to himself in the next room. I know that I get to play with him now. However, if I walk in on him during his morning monalogue, I get a look from him as if he's saying, "I didn't call for you yet." And that look is quickly followed by an "I'm teasing" smile and grin with a little chuckle at the end.

I just can't get enough of him.

3 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Aren't you amazed he can open his mouth that wide? One of these days he's going to swallow the dotted duck! I just checked out the pictures of Kari's little one -he's beautiful. How exciting for them. Tell her how happy we are for her, will you?

Unknown said...

That second picture made me laugh right out loud!
What a cute kid!

Karen said...

Ethan is still putting things in his mouth and he's two and a half!