Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kyle!

There really was a part that I wrote in the last post about Kyle! I don't know how it got deleted, or why it didn't post, but I promise that entire blog was not to be just about me and Porter! Kyle has had his hands full for the past week too.

Do you remember Mr. Mom? Love the show, love Michael Keaton, love the 80's.
How can you not love Mr. Mom? Well, that's the roll that Kyle has been playing for the past week while I have been incommunicado. And let me tell you that he's been doing it a lot better than poor Michael Keaton.

There is food on the table every night when I wake up at 5, edible food. Kyle can cook and he has been doing it nightly for me. (No, ironing board grilled cheese sandwiches in this house).

I have always been so surprised at how messy a house can get in a single day, and yet, Kyle keeps the house pretty darn clean. AND, he does it all while I'm sleeping off a night shift in the next room and I never hear a sound.

There is a happy (sometimes clean) little boy, who is well taken care of each day by his daddy. He's a great dad, and he's enjoying his stay-at-home time with Porter.

Kyle did well in all of his classes this semester and has one summer chemistry class that starts up in a couple of weeks. Until then, he loves his daddy duties. And we love him for doing them so well. (he's a pretty handsome guy too, eh?)

3 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Well, I'm not so sure about the handsome part, (yuck!) but yeah, I guess he is a pretty great guy!

Moab Cozzens said...

Kyle's lookin' pretty scruffy there. It must be a reflection on the hard roll he has played the past few week :) I am so proud of what a good Dad he is!!

Karen said...

Way to go Kyle! Gotta love a Daddy that pitches in like that! Way to go Chelle for getting a great husband!