Sunday, August 24, 2008

Seconds

The mere thought of not blogging for two weeks makes my heart start to skip beats. I don't think I've committed that kind of crime since this whole crazy blogging thing got started.

But, it's been a busy couple of weeks with a whirlwind of firsts (and seconds) and a lot of photo taking (not as much as I'd like, but enough to get us by for a post).

My little boy is walking!! And we're not talking one or two little steps when your hand is only inches away for him to grab either. He is really walking. He started being a little more daring on Friday afternoon and when Gramma and Grampa M. showed up for the weekend that was Porter's cue to perform. He's still a little wobbly and not quite sure that it really is the best way to move about quite yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.
At his one year appointment the doctor told us that Porter was close enough to 20 pounds that with his clothes on he should weigh enough that he can ride facing forward, so we got Porter's second carseat. He now gets to ride facing forward, that is of course with the stipulation that there will be no naked joyrides.
Porter has been busy with helping his Daddy with the yard work...mowing the lawn being one of his new favorites.

His second favorite is to carry around the tools one would usually use to pull weeds or dig in the dirt. Porter just likes to carry them and tell his Daddy what to do.

Oh, and he likes to use this one as a cane. (And yes, his lips always stick out like that when he is talking about something very important.)
Porter has also learned how to give high fives. Loves to give them anytime, anywhere.

He will also honk your nose and expect to have his honked in return.

We gave Porter his second haircut, we were starting to get a nice mullet in the back. I'm shocked at how quickly this little guys hair grows! It took the two of us multiple sessions spaced over two days to complete the haircut, but it's done and he's handsome.
We also got Porter a new book. I love the Berenstain Bears and I always have. They seem to teach some good morals and prepare kids for things that are coming up in life.
Speaking of seconds...

13 comments:

Kari said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Whoo hoo! Well it's about time--what took you so long.

:-)

Emily said...

WOW! Congrats. If #2 is anything like Porter we are all in for a treat.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Ooooh, congratulations guys! I'm so excited for you! Porter is going to be such a great big brother, his daddy has always been the best big brother any of use could have asked for. We are happy for you.

Amy said...

Ahhhh!!!!! Yep, that's the scream hug gene. :) And you love it.

Congratulations! I'm totally happy for you, and not at all jealous....
ok, probably 90% happy for you and only 10% jealous........fine, I'm probably 80/20. :) Seriously, I love you and I'm thrilled for you.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Wow- I am kinda slow. I didn't pick up on it until mom called me and I read the comments but soo excited for you! Congrats!

Moab Cozzens said...

I am always amazed at your clever methods of passing along good news. Good thing I knew the news or I may not have picked up on the clue. We are so excited over here in Moab!!!

Angie said...

YAY! We are so excited for you.
We're hoping for a girl so Sophie has a little girl cousin/cozzen to play with. (Not that the boys are bad, but it would be fun for her to have someone to play dolls and wear pink with!)

Gramma M said...

Woo hoo...I'm lovin' this! I'm SO excited!!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats! Man, your blog is gonna make me sooo baby hungry! I seriously cannot get over how cute Porter is. Can't wait to see the next little Cozzen!

Heather Anni said...

Wow, it's a good thing you called and told me last night - because I don't know if it has to do with this extra blond highlights I recently got - but I'm have a "blond" moment, and I had to read you post twice before I figured it out!! If I wouldn't have known before hand - I think you still would have had to call me!! Congrats though!!! We are so happy for you!!!!

Shiloh said...

Congrats!!

Janet Benton said...

I've never seen a blog comment section get so many hits!! Happy News- Thanks for sharing in a very clever way. Love you All

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Congratulations. Number two brings just as much joy as number one. I can't imagine life with just one any longer it is so much fun. Congrats again.