Saturday, August 30, 2008

All work and no play...

I've been so busy lately with random shifts and playing with my family I've not had time to post. I've been asked to answer a few questions after leaving my last post the way I did, so here they are!

Yes, it's true, we are expecting our second baby next year. I'm due on March 25th, and Mom reminded me that if I go four days late that I will deliver on Grampa F's birthday. Although, I do agree that the baby would share a birthday with one of the greatest men I've ever known, I'm not that sure that I want to go four days over again. Four days early sounds a little better.

My first visit to my OB went great! I was nervous trying to find a new OB here in town because I liked my last one so much. (I seriously considered driving to AF for every appointment and my delivery!) But, after many recommendations from friends, nurses and doctors I chose one, and he's great!

The baby's heartbeat was so great to hear, (it actually makes it more real than three positive pregnancy tests) and it was clipping along at 178. Both the doctor and the nurse looked at each other, then at me and said simultaneously, "Sounds like a girl!"

Kyle and I don't care what we have. Oddly enough I thought I would hope this would be a girl, but I'm finding that I really don't care. I'm happy with whatever comes.

Kyle yet again said we couldn't discuss names until we found out whether it was a boy or girl, thereby cutting out half of the names we would have arguments over. However, the other day I saw him looking up names on the Internet (the little sneak) and I think that voids his rule, so we're working on names.
I am now starting in on a run of four shifts, so until next time...

2 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Thanks for the details. Now should I give you a list of names that are off limits or would that just give you more ideas? J/K. Congrats!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Congrats on the new addition (or soon to be) Good luck with two!