Tuesday, November 4, 2008

no pictures, just words (okay maybe one picture)

I wish I had my camera around for days like today. Although, it would have been difficult to record some of the things that I want to remember with photos, so I figure that doing it with words will be the next best thing (camera isn't lost, just far away at the moment). Things that I want to remember from today...
Porter running around the house yelling, "Wowwowwow" over and over again. Every once in a while he'll let out a single "wow", but normally that doesn't quite cover the excitement.

He also started folding his arms today when you ask him to, he's such a cute boy.

The rain, hail and beautiful gray skies. I love rainy days (when I don't have to drive in them).

Rented "Get Smart", and plan on watching it later tonight with my honey.

I purchased a(nother) tub of cookies and cream ice-cream. The Smith's Premium Select brand is fabulous. They practically have whole Oreos left in the ice-cream.
(does that even work; a(nother)?? I think so... I'm leaving it)

I held my head in shame for not registering to vote. I completely forgot that I had to register in this district. I remembered on Oct. 23... 2 days too late.

I held my head high, remembering that even if I had been able to vote that I wouldn't have been able to decide who to vote for. It possibly would have ended with me putting in a write-in vote for Kyle or maybe Charlie Brown...at this point I think either would be a better choice than what is available.

I fawned over the fun and adorable fabric that will become our little newbie's quilt. I just have to pick the pattern...and cut the fabric...and sew it...and get it quilted...and bind it... so it's practically done.

I played and played with Porter, soaking up every last bit of my last day off. I love spending time with this kid. He's just too freaking cute.

Oh, and I suppose I have some pictures that I probably haven't ever posted...since I know that there are Gramma's out there who look here daily for a photo.

This is a family shot when we were in Moab a few weeks ago (thanks Ellen).

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Never fear...your camera is on the way!
(Well, it will be on Friday. You'll have it no later than Saturday afternoon.)
And as soon as you get it, I want to see photos of you packing down the oreo ice cream!

Moab Cozzens said...

Cute little family picture of an adorable little family

Ellen James said...

Wow, great photographer. Where in the world did you ever find her? :)