Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend down in Moab. We were able to spend time with all of Kyle's siblings (minus Brennan, of course). We watched movies, played games and ate... a lot. We also headed out to go Christmas tree hunting on the weekend. It was a perfect Thanksgiving.

Love that tradition. Kyle and I have hunted for our trees for the past 3 years and I think it is one of my favorite traditions. We found a beautiful tree this year and I'm so excited to get it up and decorated later this week. Putting up the tree is always the point where it really starts to feel like Christmas... I can't wait.
I always realize after I get home and start looking through pictures that I never took quite enough. I need to keep my camera by my side all the time...I should have learned this by now!
But, here's one to satiate the gramma's for a little while...
We found railroad tracks while hiking around for a tree...Porter loved them.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Excellent railroad shot--nice use of depth of field. And cute family, too. Now I just need to see a picture of the tree.

Amy said...

Ummm...can we talk about how beautiful you are? Seriously you don't have enough pictures of yourself on this blog (which I totally get because when you can take photos of such beautiful boys, why would you bother with pictures of your own face?) and every time I see one I remember how drop-dead gorgeous you are. Seriously.

Oh yeah, and sounds like a fun weekend! :)

Moab Cozzens said...

How did you get a picture without your hair blowing all over the place? It's darling!

Ellen James said...

Wow, darling picture! What a fun tradition. I really do miss that... we did it for quite a while, but we finally bought a fake one a few years ago. I really miss the hunt and the smell. Maybe when life gets a little calmer, we can get back to getting our own tree. Glad you had fun at Thanksgiving! We missed you!

Gramma M said...

Great pictures...but satiated?? I think not! That will require Porter within smooching distance!! So I am more like temporarily soothed...

Karen said...

When I was growing up we would always spend Thanksgiving at my grandparents' in ID and the day after, we'd all pile in the trucks and go Christmas tree hunting. It was the best tradition and I have some fun memories.