Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hill Air Force Base Museum

This week we headed up to the Hill AFB museum. I was told that it was amazing, and I have to say... it definitely did not disappoint. The boys were in heaven in a huge open field with plane after plane. We will definitely be returning.

 My boys held hands almost all day long.  I've never seen them do that.
 The planes were amazing. I've been reading the book Unbroken (I highly recommend it by the way) and it was awesome to see the actual planes that had been discussed in the book.
I love the symbol of the United States Air Force star painted on these retired massive planes. The entire experience left me with a huge rush of patriotism, and pride in my country. (And a desire to get back and finish my book.)

 The belly gunners were the boys favorite. Mainly because they were the guns that they could reach.
 Me and my boys beneath the biggest plane on the field... it's enormous by the way.
 Me and Porter with my favorite plane behind us.

Bridger's favorite was the shark... "be rea-ee careful... oh, it bite me!"
 A successful trip, and one that we are sure to repeat in the future.  Anyone want to join?


2 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Me!!! But we live oh so far away :(

Amy said...

:D Unbroken was an incredible book - I LOVED it!

This looks like it was such a blast, definitely going on our list of things to do.