Friday, July 1, 2011

one month

A lot can happen in a month. A lot has happened, and a few things didn't happen. (Like blogging... blogging didn't happen...) Let me summarize the past month.

June 2nd I got a job offer. A job offer that would allow me and my family to return to the same home town we left just 4 years ago.
Later that day I accepted the offer and cried when I realized that I would be leaving my good friends and second family in southern Utah.

After some in depth discussions, we decided we should buy a house. It all made sense. We love the area near my family and we want to raise our kids near family. We want our kids to know their grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins. So, we knew that if we headed to northern Utah, that it's where we would want to stay and raise our family... so why not buy a house if we plan on staying there right?

So, in the middle of packing and moving, we grabbed a fantastic realtor and headed out house hunting. We saw some nice homes, some not-so-nice homes, some REALLY not-so-nice homes, and two beautiful homes. One of the beautiful homes was in the perfect neighborhood with beautiful tree-lined streets, and when we left I turned to Kyle and said, "That one... I want that one."

For all who know me... I'm a tad on the indecisive side.  Knowing that I want something immediately and that I won't regret purchasing it does not happen. I have to debate it back and forth and think of the pro's and con's, then leave it for a little while and hope that someone else will come by and purchase it so that it will make the decision for me (no joke, I've done this multiple times). So this was new for me. I walked out of the house, and I knew I wanted it. Not because I felt pressured to find a home quickly, and not because it was one of the only nice homes we had seen, but because it felt right. I could see my family in that house. A beautiful little house, with a garden, and flowers, mature trees and a pear tree, cause I love pears. And a wood stove, cause we love us some wood stoves. So later that day, we put in an offer and later accepted a counter-offer (days from time of new job to home offer... 13 days). Come the end of July, we should have our own home.

Then, for the last two weeks, I've been orienting to a new job and jumping back and forth between my parents home and southern Utah as my place of residence. But as of Monday this week, Kyle turned in our keys and we are done with our move back to Northern Utah.
One month is all it took, and it has completely transformed our lives. It's been a wild adventure.

Stay tuned for pictures... I'm sure there will be some eventually.

4 comments:

Janet Benton said...

Welcome Home and congratulations on your new Home!

Amy said...

Hooooray for coming home!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful house with everything you want. I'm so glad that it went quickly! :D Also now that you'll be clos-er-ish (right?) can we PLEASE have lunch? You know, once you aren't doing a 3 hour commute and bouncing back and forth and lunch is a reasonable thing to do.

Jessica said...

Holy cow! That's so crazy and exciting! Where are you going to be working? And living? Yay!

Meghan said...

Congrats on the job and finding the perfect house! That's so exciting!