Sunday, March 8, 2009

an indecisive little bug

This is me today at 37 weeks 5 days.

A few weeks ago we found out that our sweet little boy was breech.

Then he wasn't.

Then he was.

Now he isn't...unless he is...

He just can't seem to decide which way he wants to sit. They say the reason that he flips back and forth so much is that Porter was such a big boy that he made all of this extra room for this little guy to flip around in. (I don't know what extra room they're talking about...it sure doesn't feel like there's any extra!)

I guess it's not so much the baby's fault as it is Porter's fault and Porter can be expecting a LONG time-out for this.

So basically we wait. At 39 weeks they will either induce me if he's head down or try and turn him if he's not. If he doesn't turn, I'll have to have a c-section and if he does, maybe I'm in for another 42 hour labor. Sounds like fun, right? Either way, this boy is getting bigger...

I present exhibit A.

Oh yeah, why does the belly seem to get so much bigger if the shirt is allowed to drape over it?

And what is it about a large belly that makes ones arms so pasty white?

5 comments:

Amy said...

You have a beautiful baby belly. :) Either way this is gonna be a beautiful baby. Good luck with the whole 42 hour labor/c-section thing....I hope you win.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Does that mean this baby is smaller than Porter? That wouldn't be so bad right? We're praying for you over here, so there is no c-sections or 42 hour labor. Can't wait to hear the news!

Jessica said...

Check out that belly! You look fabulous! And if it's any comfort, you're not the only one sporting the pasty white arms right now. ;) I hope that little boy in there decides to cooperate for you!

Gramma M said...

Exhibit A?? Looks like Exhibit A, B & C!! It appears I'll be seeing you rather soon...I hope!

Ellen James said...

Hey, good luck tomorrow. I think it is tomorrow? I will be thinking of you! We love you!