Friday, October 14, 2011

getting used to the new normal...aka: why I haven't blogged

A new home, new job, new ward, new neighbors, new preschool, new schedule, new exercise routine.  All things that we adjusted to during the month of September.
Finally things got unpacked and we started getting to know all the wonderful people in our neighborhood and ward. I started getting used to my new job and settling into the routine of mommy/housewife/nurse in this new chapter in our lives. Kyle adjusted to applying for positions, interviewing for jobs and doing any and every home improvement idea that came our way. (Currently working on changing the carpet on the stairs to oak stairs).
The boys adjusted well to our new ward and their new classes (Porter has only been brought to me during Relief Society once while we've been here and it was only because he had told his teacher that he missed me). They both love their blue bedroom and both have learned to climb the enormous trees in our yard.
By the beginning of this month we were feeling pretty good about our nice little routine. It was a busy routine, but it was working well.
Then Kyle went for an interview. And it went really well. Really well. Not only was the job for a mechanical engineer, but it is exactly what Kyle had wanted to do with his degree and what he went to school for. He had the interview last Friday.  He was offered the job last Saturday. He accepted the job on Monday and he started on Tuesday.  Oh, and did I mention that his job is less than 10 minutes from our house? He can ride a bike to work during the warmer months... yeah, it's that close. Oh, and that means I get to cut back my hours at work! We couldn't be more excited about this job!
Now we have a new new normal and I think I'm going to adjust to this one faster than the last one. 
Blogging will become more frequent and photos will be appearing on the blog again soon. We've been up to a lot over the past month and I have a ton of photos to go through... I'll be back soon.

5 comments:

Amy said...

HOORAY!!!! That is such great news and I'm thrilled for you. :D

Jessica said...

Whoa, congrats on his new job! That's so exciting!!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Congrats to Kyle that is awesome! What kind of floor are you working on?

Chelle said...

I'm working Labor and Delivery. It was time for a change... although I really miss the ER.

Moab Cozzens said...

Yay for a new kind of normal. What, really, is normal anyway?