Tuesday, December 13, 2011

one for each

No photo today.
But in it's place I will give you 4 bits of info on what is new with our little family. One tidbit for each of us.


Bridger fights gukes. He hears them at the front door and when he knocks on the door he scares them away.
Confused?
Example:
"I hear a guke Mom!  I scare him and knock him out! I get da guke, Mom! I got da guke!"
"Bridger, what's a guke?"
"I knock em out Mom, I got da guke 'n I knocked him out!"
"Bridger, where did you hear about a guke? Did you watch a show about a guke? Read a book about a guke?"
"No Mom, da gukes at da door, and I knock him and scare him into the sky!"
It took me many weeks before I remembered that there was a Halloween book about a ghoul that knocked on the door... I'm guessing that it comes from that.

Porter is currently obsessed with yellow straws in all of his drinks.
The other day he asked me for one and I was trying to get him to say please after he asked for a straw... it didn't go so well.
"Mom, I want a yellow straw."
"You want a yellow straw, what...."
"I want a yellow straw in my apple juice, Mom."
"A yellow straw in your apple juice, what?"
"Um, a yellow straw in my apple juice, in my cup."
"How do you ask for it Porter?"
"I want a yellow straw in my apple juice in my cup, Mom"
"You want a yellow straw in your apple juice in your cup... what?"
"Yes."
"If you want a yellow straw in your apple juice in your cup.... what do you say?"
"Yes."
"No, Porter, what do you say if you want something?"
"Oh! Please!"

I am currently obsessed with pistachios. I won a Costco sized bag from Kyle's work Christmas party and I can't get enough of them. I've always like pistachios, but didn't realize how much I love them until now.  Plus it's pretty cute when Bridger calls them pistachews.

Kyle is loving his new job; and he is slowly, but surely, finishing up the projects around the house that he started before the job came along. The sad thing is that before he can finish up one thing, more pop up on the list. He has spent this past week fixing our 4runner, fixing a broken sprinkler line and putting lights up on the house. We're pretty lucky to have him around here, the three of us just wish we could see him more.

No comments: