Thursday, December 1, 2011

A photo a day, Holiday style.

I've been neglecting the blog. I just realized I had one post total in November. The entire reason that I like to keep up on this blog is because I use it as a little bit of a journal... and one post last month isn't that great.
So, photo a day is back... through the holidays at least. I don't know how long it will continue, but at least through the month of December.
So first up, the tree. We wanted to cut down our tree like we have for so many years, but apparently it's not so easy to do it up here in Utah County, and we would have had to drive to Price to chop our own tree. Being a little short on time this holiday season, we decided that it would be better to go buy a tree from a lot.
I'm against fake trees. I don't like them. I like to have my home smell of pine, and there's something about a real tree, with all of it's imperfections and beauty. Plus the smell of pine, did I mention that I love the smell of pine?
So we headed to a lot. A tree lot where there were signs out front advertising that 7-8 foot trees were $20.
Perfect.
We headed in and looked around and found a beautiful 7 foot tree. The saleslady came over and asked what she could do for us and I said, "We like this one... $20, right?" "Oh, no that one is $50, let me show you the $20 trees" She led us over to a stack of trees that looked exactly like the tree from Charlie Brown... just 6 feet taller.
No, thank you. I'm not a fan of false advertising. Your sign should say "7-8 foot trees $20 and up".
So we left and headed to Frederico's tree lot (across the street from Target). They had tons of beautiful trees, and each one was labeled properly with it's price. After letting the boys run wild through the lot, we settled on a beautiful little noble fir and brought her home.
She has waited patiently to be decorated which will happen tomorrow night, along with the house for our annual Christmas kick-off... I need a better name for it. It seems like such a tradition needs a better name... any better suggestions other than "kick-off"?

No comments: