Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ornaments

I've been trying to come up with new traditions for the holiday season. One of the new ones is an advent calendar. It's not completely up... haven't had the time, but we've been doing all the advent events that I've collected.
I read about a tradition of getting a new ornament each year for each child, and when they grow up they can take the ornaments with them. And I liked it.
So off we went to Hobby Lobby (can I just say how much I love Hobby Lobby?) for the boys to pick out their own ornaments.
 My favorite was the pirate Santa. On second thought, I should have taken this little guy home. Maybe I should grab one each year too.

 The boys had a rough time deciding, but I'm pretty sure that they were happy with their choices.


 Bridger wanted the truck.

 Porter wanted the Santa Policeman.

It was a good activity and a tradition that I think will be very fun to continue.

(Photo-a-day ran into a snag... apparently it isn't possible (or at the very least, easy) to get photos off my phone and onto the internet.
So I took the photos, but no post for the 4th and the 5th.)

2 comments:

GrammaM said...

Cute idea! How long did the decision-making take??

Angie said...

Love it. Might just borrow the idea myself.
About your phone photos, I had the same trouble with my last phone - no cords to attach it to the computer. But if your phone has any type of internet connection you should be able to email yourself the photos. Then just pull them from your email amd dump them into blogger. At least worth a try.