Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

When we woke up on Sunday morning there was no snow to be seen. The sun was shining and bright. It was a perfectly beautiful day. At about 2 in the afternoon it started snowing... and didn't stop... at all. Throughout the night we got about 6-7 inches of snow and by Monday morning we woke up to find this. I have always wanted to live down a street with trees lining each side and now I do. I love the look of our street before its plowed. I have to agree with Kari that I love the blanket of snow on everything. It makes me want to stay inside and drink cocoa next to my new...
Stove! We would like to welcome Nelly the pot-belly stove into our home. Actually, Kyle says I have to name her Nelly the Not-So-Pot-Belly, due to the fact that she's just a stove and does not have the features necessary (a pot-belly) to have it in her name.

Anyway, we lit her up for the first time tonight and the house got so hot we had to open all the doors and windows, our fans were on high and we still were sweating. So, if you noticed a slight elevation in temperature and you hear that another polar ice cap melted last night, don't worry, it's just Nelly, hard at work.

I don't think it would be right to post a blog and not include a picture of the most handsome boy in the world. Do you?

1 comment:

Amy said...

You know, I personally haven't noticed an increase in temperature. However, I did speak to someone in Chicago who mentioned that it was "eerily warm"....I guess that mystery is solved!