Thursday, January 3, 2008

So much to say...and too many pictures

This holiday season was great. I was worried that with the move and a new job and all of the changes that were occuring that it would be a miserable holiday, but nothing could have been farther from the truth! We started out with taking a trip to Moab shortly after our move and spending the weekend before Christmas with Kyle's side of the family. We really enjoyed ourselves with new baby Chase and little Aiden around...scratch that... Big Aiden around (he doesn't look so small anymore when compared to his cousins). We played games, watched movies and weren't so happy when we had to head for home on Christmas Eve.
However, we didn't quite make it home on time as we had planned. Kyle decided to take me on a little detour through Spanish Fork Canyon so that we could spend "Fiesta" with my family for Christmas Eve. We stopped in just long enought to say hi, eat a chimichanga or two and we were off for home.
When we made it home, we found presents and decorations that I assume Santa left just for us! I'm sure Santa's elves were hard at work putting together our Christmas balls, the adorable "Joy" lettering, a garland of adorable paper and stockings and a cap for Porter (I guess if you whine about not being able to decorate very early in the holiday season, Santa hears and rewards you for it!) So thank you to Santa's Elves for the holiday cheer.
We woke up on Christmas day and I went to work for a few hours, but I was home in plenty of time to enjoy the holiday with my boys. It was a wonderful Christmas.
We also got to take off for my parents after I finished work on my birthday and we had so much fun staying with my parents, and a wonderful birthday dinner on Sunday with the family.
We also were privileged to spend New Year's Eve with Angie, Phil and Miss Sophie. We stayed up until 12:30 or so, playing Nertz, Scum and watching Raymond. We stopped just long enough to watch the ball drop and kiss each other a happy New Year.
With all of the traveling, I think we wore out Porter. But thank you to everyone for such an enjoyable holiday. We can't thank you enough.
We took so many pictures and I have so many to go through that I've got so frustrated picking out the best ones, that these are the ones I finally gave in to and decided to post.
This is Porter after his long Christmas day...



Porter and his Daddy, with the fabulous hat that Aunt Kari sent for us.Porter sure loves his keys...Angie, Phil and Sophie stopped by just a couple days after Christmas, to see our house and let Sophie spend time with her cousin.

More to come, I promise.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Holy Smokes...check out those blue eyes!! You could get lost in those. What a handsome fella!

Moab Cozzens said...

Did I raise that thoughful young man you are married to? I was so excited to hear you didn't have to miss Fiesta with your family.