Monday, July 7, 2008

Paintball at the Family Cabin


This past weekend we headed up for the annual Johnson Family reunion up Fairview Canyon. We had so much fun spending time with family. We always enjoy ourselves at the reunion and I have to say that I had a new first that I get to add to my list for next year!

I discovered that I love paintball.

There is a huge grove of Aspen trees up at the cabin, and it made for the perfect spot to play. There were some drawbacks, such as; I got eaten alive by mosquitoes (13 bites that still itch), I have welts from the paintballs all up my leg and a bruised knee (they really smart if the paintballs don't break) and I think I rolled and damaged my ankle yet again. However, there are some great points (and I think they make up for the drawbacks ten-fold) ; you can shoot people, good exercise (if you move around), and you can shoot, people.

Now, I'm not so excited about shooting people normally, but the stress of past shifts all went out the window when we started playing. Although I wasn't frustrated with anyone that I played with, it was just the concept that helped break some of the tension I've been feeling over the past several weeks. Before you start to think that I just unleashed on my family the wrathe of Chelle, I have to defend myself by telling you all that I inflicted no unnecessary pain on anyone. For that matter, I didn't inflict any pain on anyone. I may enjoy paintball, but I'm not what some would call...well...good. I didn't hit anybody. Not once.

We played regular paintball for the first game which was pretty boring and I didn't think I would play again. Then, Kyle thought we should play capture-the-flag paintball style, and I have to say that I don't think I've had so much fun in a while!


Shooting matches with your brothers-in-law, how often can you do that...legally?


I don't know what it is about shooting a paintball gun that is so fun, but I didn't want to stop. I had a riot. If you get the chance to do it, I highly recommend trying.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like a well-deserved relaxing weekend. Too much fun. (And Santa knows what to get you for Christmas.)

The Johnsons said...

I had so much fun paintballing I have never done it either but it was a lot of fun, I want to do it again...

Moab Cozzens said...

Kimbrey had so much fun she, Daniel and Drew went out again yesterday and played. You'll have to ask her for the story, but SHE claims she's never playing again :) We'll be sure to plan on paintball again next year!!

Ellen James said...

I wish I was a Johnson and invited to fun parties like that...bummer.