Monday, January 26, 2009

18 months


I can't believe how big this boy is getting and I need to remember the cute things that he does at this age that just make me happy to be his Momma.

*He says many words including; Momma, Daddy, Drew, juice, eat, food, hot, hi, bye, shoes, ball, block, box, pop, there, that, huh and several more that I can't think of right at this moment.

*He knows how to make the sounds of several animals including; snake, monkey, bear, pig, horse, cow and Santa (okay, I know this one isn't an animal, but he knows what Santa says).

*He tries to sing with me by singing "OhEE OhEE OhEE" over and over again.

*He loves babies and will lay down on his belly and talk to them.

*He folds his arms when we sit down to eat, when we say the word "pray", and if he hears the words "Dear Heavenly Father"

*He dances to the hymns in sacrament meeting.

*He loves spaghettios, popcorn, graham crackers, marshmallows and any and all types of fruit.

*He loves to open and close the microwave.

*Whenever something is hidden or when he plays peekaboo he always says "huh? huh?" and stands with his hands facing upward. He climbs inside the cabinet sometimes and will close the door and say, "huh? huh?" over and over again until I come and find him.

*Whenever he is discovered, or he pulls his hands away from his face during peekaboo he always says "Hi!"

*He loves to have his quilt that his Gramma M. made him for when he's riding in the car.

*Loves to sleep with his teddy bear Fleming and Miles the giraffe.

*When he gets tired, he'll grab a blanket and curl up on top of it on the floor.

*He goes to sleep all by himself.

*We took him off the pacifier 3 months ago and he really didn't seem to care...he will find one around the house every once in a while and he will get so excited. I am so impressed that he gave it up so easily. Maybe it was me who wasn't ready to give them up.

*If you ask him where his baby brother is, he'll lift up my shirt and kiss my tummy.

*He grabs your finger to lead you wherever he wants to go. If Kyle and I are both around, we both have to give him a finger and both of us have to go with him.

*He has learned to "tickle".
*He doesn't actually "tickle". He will rub your back or your arms while fake-laughing hysterically. He thinks it's the funniest thing to "tickle" his Daddy.

*He loves to give hugs. He'll chase little kids around nursery trying to give them hugs.

*He gives the best hugs ever. Ask Gramma and Grampa M ... they'll agree. He puts his head on your shoulder and wraps his arms all the way around your neck... they're good hugs... you would all be so lucky to get one someday.

*He says "hot" for anything with an uncomfortable temperature. Whether it's cold or it's hot, it's "hot".

*His first week in nursery by himself ended in him being brought to me by the nursery-lady saying that he kept leading her by the finger to the door and asking for me. He had enormous tears and was convulsing from all the crying and when he saw me...he smiled.

*He makes chomping sounds when he wants another bite of food.

*He loves to play and dance on the bed while I get ready for work.

*He will do anything to go outside and play. When we finally entice him to come inside he keeps his coat and shoes on as long as he possibly can.

*We don't like to have him watch much TV, but he loves, absolutely adores to watch Cars. If Cars is playing he will remain glued to the TV until it's over. He loves it.

*He cuddles when he doesn't feel good, and he cuddles at night when we read stories and sing songs for bedtime. I like the cuddling. I think bedtime is my favorite time of day.

*He makes me happier than I ever thought being a mom could make me.

4 comments:

Gramma M said...

...and when Bridger arrives, you'll just multiply all of that by 2!!!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

He sure is a sweet boy, and you will be lucky to get another just like him! So, Bridger is it?

Chelle said...

Nothing's for certain until he's here, but Bridger is definitely in the lead.

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh, he's growing up so fast. Isn't it amazing how fast those little people wiggle right into your heart.