Saturday, January 10, 2009

shoveling

We have a little boy who likes to help. Just tell him what you want him to do and he'll get it done. He loves to help get wood for the fire (and will actually get a little upset if he doesn't get to help haul it in), loves to help me cook in the kitchen, he helps put the clothes in the washer, he helps wash dishes, helps put his toys away, and his newest love...shoveling the snow.

We haven't had a ton of snow this week, just a couple of inches on Tuesday. But, when Kyle took Porter out to play in it, Porter got fascinated with the shovel and all that it entails.

I think I need to lock this in early.

I mean, I have photographic evidence that he enjoys it... then it becomes his job for life, right?

3 comments:

Gramma M said...

What a happy little snow-shoveler you've got there!

Moab Cozzens said...

And sweeping! Give that boy a broom and he's a happy kid.

Amy said...

That's right. Photographic evidence = lifetime commitment. Which is why I'm a professional bath-taker. My mom loves me. :)