Friday, October 30, 2009

what can I say... he loves the classics

I have always said that I wouldn't let my kids watch Barney, Blues Clues, Teletubbies and about 15 other annoying children's shows that I can think of.
Simply because I can't stand them.
Everybody told me that when Porter found his favorite show I wouldn't be able to stop him, and I would have to give up my policy. I'm happy to say that's only partly true. No, I can't stop him... he's picked his favorite. I'm just glad that he has chosen wisely, and responds to the classics.

He loves Looney Tunes... loves them all... Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester and Tweety Bird... oh, and he laughs hysterically every time that Daffy Duck falls down a hill as Robin Hood.

Even though he doesn't get to watch them as often as he would like, it's the first thing he asks for in the morning and about every 10 minutes until he goes to bed. But, when he does get to watch them... I sit down and watch too.

Good call sweetie.

4 comments:

Amy said...

he must have inherited good taste from you. :)

Karen said...

I never wanted my kids to watch Blues Clues either, but Ethan loved it up until he discovered big boy stuff, ie TMNT. Barney, on the other hand, I don't allow! Good call on that one! I love watching shows with my boy too!

Moab Cozzens said...

Yes, that classic good taste he got from his Momma!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Cute picture!