Thursday, February 24, 2011

Angie and Michelle take a trip

Meet Angie. Angie is funny, athletic, laid back, and likes to eat good food.

Angie and I started working together a while ago, and quickly became friends. We decided to take a trip together and started planning for a trip to Oregon to go whale watching and enjoy the beach. But it was difficult to get money/timing/work to work, so the trip was put on the back burner.

Skip forward 18 months to where Kyle is telling me that after he graduates it would be very difficult to take a trip like this. However, right now could be a good time, cause he could stay home and watch the boys. He offered to stay home while I left for a vacation.What a good man.

After very little arm-twisting, I called up Angie and we set out to plan a trip to Oregon.
But it's cold in Oregon. And we were already done with the cold. We wanted to go someplace warm. So we settled for a week on this...
...in the Caribbean.
We ate and swam and read books and ate and lounged and ate and stayed busy relaxing for a whole week.
It was exactly what I needed. Some girl time away from home.
More photos coming soon....

The photo above is Angie eating our very first Chicago deep dish pizza in the Chicago airport. We had a stop in Chicago and had to try the pizza, even though it was 4:30 in the morning.
And it was worth every bite.
Best pizza ever.

The second photo is of our gorgeous ship the Radiance of the Seas.

6 comments:

Larsen's said...

"Pinky Hugs" to you both! No hard feelings:) I think you are two of the most fabulous women I know!! Glad you had a good time. I can't wait to work with ya'll. XOXO

Moab Cozzens said...

I've been waiting for pictures!! Glad you had a good time. There's nothing more refreshing than girl time :)

Gramma M said...

Cruises are THE best way to relax!! I could cruise for months on end if it wasn't for the food--surprising how much more you eat when it's constantly available and you don't have to cook it yourself!! I'd have to hire a tugboat to maneuver me back into port...

Kari said...

So fun. Glad you got some well deserved "do nothing" time--and someone fun to do nothing with. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

I can't wait to see more pictures. Me and Rory are going on a caribbean cruise in March! I can't wait

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Perfect vacation, everyone needs a little time away. Looks like it was amazing, hope you had tons of fun.