Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Momma's are the best.

My day started out a little like this...


It was a rough day. The boys were just trying to help/stay entertained/destroy everything in their wake. And Momma was tired.

That combination lost me my eggs, a drinking glass and part of my sanity.

But, as Kyle came home, he brought the mail with him.

And my sweet Momma had sent me a package. I think she knew that I would need a pick-me-up.

(Flash back to December of this past year)

I was looking for a book. A book that I remember reading every Christmas. A book that solidified my belief in Santa Claus. Yes... it's that good.

I wanted to read it to Porter and Bridger every night and explain things like why Santa lives so long, and what happens to those who don't believe. I wanted to teach him how to speak Elvish and about the Gnuf who lives in Santa's beard.Why people get coal and how reindeer fly and what the north pole looks like.

So I started out my search. I have found many books that I read when I was little on Ebay and Amazon, and so that's where my search started, and that's where it ended. It was listed at $100. Apparently the book was a favorite for many people. Enough people to make it a bit of a collectors item (not to mention I was trying to find a book about Santa 2 weeks before Christmas).

So I decided to give up and maybe look for it again around June, maybe the price would come down. And if all else failed I would borrow the book from my sister who has the one we grew up with.
 
But today I opened up my mail and my Momma sent me this. In perfect pristine condition.

I frantically called my mother, "Where did you find it? Please tell me that it didn't cost $100!"
She assured me that it was quite a bit less than that (under $10) and that she had found it through Amazon Canada. (Canada has their own Amazon... who knew?)

Thank you Momma, you made my day.

And this next Christmas my boys will be all prepared knowing everything about Santa Claus, thanks to you.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful thing! It's a good thing we have Mommas.

Angie said...

Mommas are the best.
And we have a particularly good one.

Kari said...

Amazon Canada, eh?
I might have to start shopping up there. Good find, momma.