Saturday, February 12, 2011

Porter or Bridger

I got into a disagreement with Bridger the other day.

It went something like this.

"I'm Porter Kyle."

"No, you're Bridger Dime."

"No, I Porter Kyle, Momma."

"No, you're Bridger Dime... he's Porter Kyle"

"No, dats Bidger, Momma, dats Bidger." (pointing to Porter)

"No, you are Bridger Dime."

"No, you Momma Shel Dime"

"No, I'm Momma Michelle Leah"

"NO! Not Momma Shel Leah, you Momma Shell Dime Momma, you Dime Momma!! Right NOW!!" 

(Whenever he says RIGHT NOW he says it with a growl and drops his voice a couple octaves... it's pretty funny.)

I have no idea how he's gotten the two of them mixed up. For quite a while he's been calling Porter Bridger,  but we just kind of assumed "Bidger" was his way of saying Porter.

Nope... he can say Porter, but only when he's talking about himself.

And apparently my middle name is Dime now....

Go figure.

This kids a hoot.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Talk about an identity crisis.
I love that he ended his argument with RIGHT NOW. Very compelling...can't argue with that.

Kari said...

Ian loves to play "I Not Ian, I ____!" The blank is usually Sophie, which makes me Angie. Or he'll be grampa and I'm gramma. And he can hold to it for hours--I'll stub my toe and he'll look up and say, "Angie, you okay?" Maybe Briggs is just ahead of the curve on that one.