Wednesday, November 21, 2007

4 Months!

I can't believe how big this boy is! We went to the doctor today and Porter's weighing in at a whopping 14lbs 2oz. He's 25 1/4 inches long and the sweetest kid in the world (I figure that I have a fairly objective opinion on that). He has started eating rice cereal which he scarfs down like it's going out of style. He's getting so strong. He loves to jump. He rolls across rooms. The moment he's placed on the floor he's rolling onto his tummy. It's really hard to imagine that he only arrived 4 months ago! (And by the way, Dave, he's eating ONLY rice cereal!)

Last night, Porter woke up at about 4 am. This hasn't happened for over a month or so, it's not a very common occurence. So, I head into his room to put a pacifier back in his mouth thinking he would be out by the time I got back into my bed. Two minutes later I hear a piercing scream followed by a loud "BAM BAM BAM" I sat straight up in bed and heard it again. I ran into Porter's room to find him laying sideways in his bed kicking his legs against the one side of his crib, while his head hit the other side. This kid just can't stop jumping, even if its 4am!
Sorry there's no picture to go with this story, but at 4 in the morning it's one of the last things you think of, and the lighting is terrible!

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

This is when you get just an inkling of how fast your time as a mother passes. I don't dare blink anymore, because when I do months seem to have flown by and everyone, including me, is older. It's wonderful to see how you are treasuring these precious times.