Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Carlsbad Day 2

These are the condos we stayed in... well, the main part of it anyway. Our actual condo was to the left of this main house.
Day 2 started at the beach with an early morning walk in the sand and running away from waves.


Sometimes the boys ran away fast enough and other times they didn't. We didn't realize that before heading out for the day we would have to return to the condo and change clothes once again so the boys didn't have to wear soaking wet shorts all day.
Man these boys loved the beach. They ask on a daily basis when we can go back.
The second half of our day took us to Legoland. I highly recommend it for little boys. They loved it. And not just because of the maps.
Porter LOVES maps and was so excited to get one of Legoland (we still have it and he looks at it almost daily). He loved to figure out where we were and what we should head to next.
These boys love Star Wars, and there was an entire section dedicated to Star Wars.I don't think the boys were as impressed with some of the statues as Kyle and I were. I am amazed at what they can make with a bunch of Legos... and don't ask what Bridger is looking at... cause I do not know.


They were excited to see the Las Vegas Strip since we had just been down it a few days before. I was shocked at the detail, it was impressive to say the least.
We played games and went on rides and ran from statue to statue. It is a pretty cool park. My favorite was the random parks that they had sporadically throughout Legoland. The have huge playgrounds where the kids can play and the best part is that there is only one way in and one way out. So you could let your kids loose and sit near the entrance and not worry that they had gotten out. I didn't get any great pictures of them, but the playgrounds were huge!


Right next to the park was an aquarium which we were able to go and see. The boys enjoyed it, but they were ready to head back to the park pretty quick.
I loved the life-size Harry Potter and Hagrid. And the New York City Skyline was impressive.

Also a brilliant move by the makers of Legoland... play-stations in the middle of the lines for rides. We climbed into line for this ride and the boys went into the big play area that is filled with Legos. The line for the ride wraps around the play area. We thought it was pretty ingenious... until we lost Bridger. About 2 minutes after I took this picture, I was busy adjusting settings on my camera and Kyle and I moved forward in the line. After looking through a couple of the pictures I had taken for the day I looked up and couldn't see Bridger. I searched everywhere for him and couldn't find him.

I started to panic. I ran to a ride operator and told him he was missing and they sent out a call around the park. I waited to hear back with the operator if he had been found anywhere while Kyle and Porter ran around to try and find him. About 10 minutes later (it felt like hours, but I know it wasn't that long) the ride operator got a phone call saying they found him. He was in a completely different section of the park. In fact, he was in the store with the Harry Potter and Hagrid statues. I ran as fast as I could and when I was in sight of the store a very nice woman stopped me and asked if I had lost a little boy. She told me that she had found him crying and took him to the store.
Apparently when Kyle and I moved forward in line, he didn't see that we had moved forward and since he didn't see us where he had last seen us, he thought we had left him. So he took off to try and find us. He made it quite a ways before he said the woman had stopped and asked him where his Mommy was.
I've lost this kid twice now. Once at Seven Peaks and once at Legoland. The little boy just wanders off, but not anymore. This time scared him. It scared his Mommy too. I don't know what I would do if I lost him. I keep pretty close tabs on him and I was shocked at how quickly I lost him. I was taking pictures of him one minute and the next he was gone. I was so happy to have found him safe and sound, and I'm grateful to the kind woman who stopped to help him.
We decided to ride a few more rides, but after that it was time for the park to close, so we headed home and back to the beach.

Kyle and I took turns figuring out the boogie board... and we got pretty good if I do say so myself. We buried little boys in the sand and built sand castles and dug for treasure until it was dark.
Such a relaxing vacation. (minus the whole losing Bridger part... I could have done without that)

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

NOTHING stops your heart faster than loosing one of your kids. Glad that didn't overshadow a great vacation though.