Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Carlsbad Day 3

I awoke to this little boy bringing me a bouquet of my favorite flowers. We walked past a flower stand every day on our way to the beach, and since this little guy and Kyle woke up early, they headed to that flower stand to bring me these.
I decided to leave my camera at home for the day. We ended up spending most of it at the beach. We built more sand castles, dug holes and boogie boarded. Around lunch time we headed back to the condo and changed so we could go eat. We ended up walking all over Carlsbad, eating at a local pizza place, shopping at antique stores and buying the best oranges I've ever had at a farmer's market.
After a couple hours the boys were done with the shopping, so we headed back to the beach.

Once it got dark we decided to head to the Oceanside Pier. It was beautiful with the lights at night. We headed down the pier and I was so surprised at the amount of people out there fishing. It was a fun walk down the pier and then we headed home and packed up for the next day.
We drove back to Las Vegas the next day. I was a little nervous the whole trip that something was going to happen... particularly that we would break down in Death Valley... not sure why, but it was a very real fear.
As we headed back to Vegas we blew a tire (and when I say blew a tire, I mean completely shredded it). And we blew it in the middle of Death Valley. We were able to get on the spare and drive slowly into the next town that was 15 miles away to get a new tire.

It was a fun trip, full of so many fun memories. I hope to be able to repeat it soon.



No comments: