Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

I was scheduled to work Thanksgiving. I got put on-call, but that meant that we still had to stay in town. I threw together a make-shift Thanksgiving dinner at home and we packed to head out to Moab the next morning.

We had fun going to the zoo (I know, I didn't realize that there was a zoo in Moab. If you go, I highly recommend staying as far away from the llamas as possible... they really do spit and it tastes and smells terrible... don't ask how I know)
 We fed some animals, and Daniel was the only one brave enough to feed the camel with his mouth... he narrowly escaped without a kiss.
 Post-zoo snack.
 Then we headed out to find Dinosaur tracks. It ended up being a bit of a wild goose chase, with no goose in the end, but we had a lot of fun.
And I think these three little boys like their Gramma.
 And each other.
 A lot.
They played together and loved holding hands everywhere they went.
 They were all pretty good sports about the Christmas tree hunting this year. Especially when you consider that we were at it for a good 8 hours. And luckily found exactly 3 decent trees for our 3 families. Kind of slim pickings this year!

 I love going tree hunting. It's one of my favorite traditions, and I really missed doing it last year.
 It was a great weekend... too short, but a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Such cute pictures of the boys! I love pictures with me and the grandkids-so precious. Hard to believe we were in the mountains six weeks ago in our shirt sleeves - wow!

Kimbrey said...

So fun! Can I please have a copy of the picture of Daniel kissing the camel, the boys group hug, and the boys with grandma. Wish I would have taken my camera out a little more :(