Tuesday, October 2, 2007

There are things I never thought I'd say


There have been many times over the past couple of months where I have had to stop and think, “Did I really just say that?”

For example; the other night Porter had a hair in his eye and Kyle and I were trying to figure out how to remove it. We gently dropped water into his eye, but to no avail. We decided, I’m sorry, I decided to let it go and it would eventually work its way out. A few minutes later, Kyle came up to me and said, “I got it out!” “How?”, I asked him enthusiastically. “I licked it,” he said.

He said it as though that was the typical home remedy to getting a hair out of someone’s eye.
I’ll allow you all to imagine the conversation that ensued, but it ended with me saying, “Okay, but let’s not lick our son’s eyes.”
Although, to give Kyle some credit, it did get the hair out.


The photo was not taken during the act of hair removal, but was actually taken a few days before. Kyle had just gotten home from work and was playing with Porter, sticking his tongue out at him to make him smile. Apparently the tongue has many uses.

2 comments:

Carri said...

Michelle, you and Porter are so photogenic. About Kyle licking Porter's eye /: Just for the record, I never taught him that!

Carri said...

I taught him how to think and solve problems. Just think, there are 30 year old people who still have the same eyelash in their eye just because neither of their parents would lick it out. Daveca