Sunday, April 6, 2008

34 Years

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! This is my favorite picture of my Mom and Dad, who today have been married for 34 years.
I have thought for the past several days about what I could say about my parents having been married for 34 years. I wanted to be eloquent and say something very profound, but unfortunately I don't have that ability, so I guess I'll just say what comes to mind.

I have been very fortunate to have parents who have held it out through thick and thin. In this day and age, my marriage of 4 years is quite a feat, much less that of 34.

I never remember my mom or dad saying a negative word about the one another, and I know I never will. In fact, right before I got married, Dad pulled me aside and told me that that is the secret to a happy marriage. Speak only kindly about your spouse. I have to say that he was spot on with that piece of advice.
I am grateful to have been taught through their words, and more importantly through their actions, how a marriage should work. And, I am grateful to have the example there for me and my marriage.

I just want to thank you both for your example, and for raising us girls in a household with two parents who loved us and each other so very much. I am so proud to come from such a happy and loving home with parents who care about each other and their children more than themselves.
Thank you and Happy Anniversary,
Chelle

1 comment:

Gramma M said...

Oh my...such nice things to say!! What a nice tribute to your old mom and dad...thanks!! You are so sweet to remember!!