Monday, April 21, 2008

The Many Faces of Porter (in one feeding)

Porter is now 9 months old and he is just so darling. He is comical and happy, smiles constantly and laughs always.
He sleeps for 10 hours at night (such a good little sleeper).
He has two teeth, the third is peeking through and a fourth is on its way.
He crawls so fast, and one of the cutest things is to watch his little backside wiggle when he really gets moving.
He loves his baths and will make a bee-line for the tub when he hears the water running.
Loves, and I mean loves my cell phone.
He hoards his pacifiers like they are going out of style.
And he eats just about everything.
Porter is so expressive all the time, and I thought that on this, his nine month birthday, that I would share with you all the different faces that I got during lunch today.

This is the "Aren't I handsome?" face. One of his mom's favorites.
This is Porter's first taste of thick green beans. If you can't tell, he doesn't like it. I have never seen this look before on his face, he's usually willing to shove anything into his mouth. The hand didn't stop shaking for a good minute while he tried to force the beans down. I tried to catch a shot when he opened his mouth and tried to scrape the beans off his tongue with his finger, but I was laughing too much.

This is the "Good luck with trying to feed me more of those" face. (just so you know, he opened willingly every time I gave them to him, but I got both of these faces immediately after.)This is Porter in the middle of a full on belly laugh. I gave him a bite of food he likes and made some noises to make him laugh, and laugh he did.And this is his mischievous look. This is the look that reminds me that behind that sweet little face that you saw at the beginning of this post hides a little Calvin.

I can't believe it's already been 9 months. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little boy.

This little boy has his parents wrapped around his little fingers ... and toes.

I have to thank Carri for her comment on the previous post that gave the inspiration for this heading! I had started this post, but didn't have a good title. So, thank you Carri!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one handsome dude you've got there.

Karen said...

Just wait until he starts running and his bum is waddling! It is so funny!

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

That yucky face is so funny! I love that his little hand was shaking so much, too funny.

Moab Cozzens said...

Those are some of the cutest faces I've ever seen. He could be in show business!

Ellen James said...

ADORABLE! You are really such a great photographer! Now that I have my new camera, you need to teach me some things! :)

Janessa said...

He is adorable michelle!!!!!!