Monday, April 14, 2008

viscous cycle


I love the toothy smiles Porter has now. Aren't those two of the cutest little teeth you have ever seen? (Okay, maybe I'm a little biased, but they are still pretty darn cute!) The two top teeth are still trying desperately to join the smile, but to no avail. We are back to being drowned in saliva daily. If you look closely you can see the drool running off his chin, and his p.j.'s are soaked. He has suffered for the past two weeks trying to break the teeth through. His gums are just so swollen, red and sore; but you would never know it from looking at this kid. The smiles keep on coming. We can't wait for a third tooth to finally join the mix.
Porter is fighting a nasty cold, cough and congestion. I had no idea how much snot could be produced by such a small little human being. If you don't know, I should tell you... they can produce bucket loads.
by the minute.
every minute.
every second.
of every day.
you wipe his nose, turn around to throw away the tissue, and the snot is back.
it's never-ending.
it's a never-ending cycle of snot.
it's a vicious cycle.
a viscous cycle.
a vicious viscous cycle.
okay, I admit that I'm sick too.
no sleep plus lots of snot and congestion makes "viscous cycle" much funnier than I'm sure it really is.
i'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Gramma M said...

Nope, even if you're not sick, it's still funny!! lol!! And to quote Aunt Laney, "If I had a nickle for every time I've blown my nose, I'd be rich!!" Sorry there's not someone willing to pay for that sorta stuff!!

Amy said...

ha ha ha. :) You make me smile. I'm not even biased, and I have to say those are pretty dang cute as far as teeth go. Of course it helps that they are framed by such an adorable face.

I have a crush on your child, I'll have to work on having a baby girl for him to marry so he can be in my family too.

Moab Cozzens said...

I love the play on words-or should I say cycle on words. It's funny because you're so obviously loopy from lack of sleep, etc. You made me smile after a long day at work :)

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Ha ha, I didn't even get it at first, I thought you were just spelling vicious wrong sometimes and right sometimes and repeating it over and over. Clearly you were little silly, but at least you aren't as delirious as I thought you were at first! Good luck!