Monday, February 9, 2009

new addition

So much time and so little to do...wait a minute...strike that, reverse it.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks in this house and trying to keep up with everything (aka blogging/communicating with the outside world) has been more than difficult. But, we are all doing well and we're all alive. And we have a new addition to our family.

No, not what you may think...I'm still fat and have a little boy kicking around inside me. But we brought home a little girl...a big little girl...

She can do dishes.

We decided that with a new baby on the way that we will have a load of bottles added to the already towering pile of dishes that collect by the end of each day. Based on this fact, we decided we would get ourselves a dishwasher. I praise the name of the inventor of the dishwasher daily when I get to load my dishes into this...

Isn't she pretty? She has all these pretty buttons that light up in a delightful green.
In honor of the inventor, I think I should call her Josie.

I shall call her Josie and she will be mine, and she will be my Josie...

My dishes come out all sparkly and clean, and my fingers don't get all pruney and dry and cracky. I don't have to spend 4 hours every day trying to catch up on my dishes, and, for those who haven't been in my kitchen, I have very little counter space. Josie has solved that problem as well. She has provided another 2 feet of counter space to my kitchen.


I love her.

5 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Jealous!!! and yes, you had me fooled. I was trying to decide if you went into labor on the ride home from Moab or what.

Moab Cozzens said...

When you live in a world without dishwashers you fully believe your life is fine without one . . until you enter the world WITH dishwashers. Then you wonder for the rest of your life how you ever lived in that other world. The one without dishwashers. Or microwaves. Or cell phones. Or. .

Angie said...

Let's hope that Josie works a little bit better than Smudgy, my dishwasher. My dishes come out dirtier than when I put them in.
Here's to no more raisiny hands. YAY!

Amy said...

Oh happy day! She is beautiful, and I'm glad she will be your Josie. :)

Karen said...

Oh how I love dishwashers. Our second apartment didn't have one, but luckily Mike's brother gave us his that he got for free when he moved. I tried to sell it when we moved, but there were not bites. Sure it was ugly, but it cleaned better than my last dishwasher and it did add more counter space. And all I wanted was $10 for the ugly thing. You are so so lucky.