Tuesday, February 10, 2009

playdough

This past week Porter and I made playdough. If there's two things this kid loves it's helping in the kitchen and making messes, and this turned out to be the perfect project for us because he got to do both.

Me feeling all artsy...and yes, taking this photo makes me feel like the Pioneer Woman...and I liked it...sue me.
Porter gets absolutely beside himself when he gets to stir something.
Oh, there's another word he knows how to say...stir.And for how thrilled he gets, he does a good job of leaving most of the contents of the bowl in its proper place.
I decided to make 2 different colors. This beautiful lime green that I love...and kind of a putrid orange. Turns out that making a vibrant orange is difficult. It turned out to be more of a rusty orange. Really, terribly gross color. But, even with the frightening color staring him in the face he decided to test the waters.And he found that it was good! Momma was actually allowing him to make a mess and tear things apart. He loved it.
(I really destest the orange...so we'll focus on the beautiful, lovely green we made.)
He played with it for close to an hour. Who knew so much entertainment could be acquired by some flour, salt, oil and food coloring?

It was a great day...an activity we will definitely have to repeat.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I can just hear the shrieking with laughter in some of those open mouth shots. :) Looks like fun!

Kari said...

Remind me to share with you my recipe for kool-aid dough. It is so smoothe, it last forever and it smells like kool-aid--so yummy that I had to convince teenagers not to eat it.

Kari said...

Wait . . . if I had to convince teenagers not to eat it, Porter might not make it.

Karen said...

Ah play-doh! What a wonderful thing for little kids to play with. I just sit and let Ethan go crazy with it. Though his first time he was not quite sure what to do. So funny!

Ellen James said...

Oh, those pictures are so darling! I especially love the PW one! I thought that before I read the comment. Too funny, copy cat! Porter is such a doll and it looks like you had a fun day!