Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A third day in the life...

Not as great of a day of documenting. I woke up a little later today, and I am ashamed to say that my camera wasn't by my side constantly. I am proud to say that I slept in until 11:00 this morning! (I haven't been sleeping on my nights off for the past couple of months, so when I can get sleep, it's a big accomplishment for me.) Kyle was so sweet to take Porter this morning and let me sleep in.

Porter played with wrapping paper this morning before I got up. Kyle said he sat there for almost an hour just tearing it up, he was so focused on it.
When I woke up, Porter was actually already down for a nap. He's been needing them a little earlier this week. Two weeks ago his top two molars were coming through and I thought his bottom two were, but they didn't start to until yesterday. He's been sleeping more during the day because of it.
When he woke up we worked on having him feed himself. Porter did pretty well getting the food to his mouth, but he still needs help getting the food on the end of the fork.
Porter's Halloween costume finally came in the mail today! (More pictures of that to come at a later time)
Porter went down for a second nap only 2 hours after his first. That made for 2, 2 hour naps for him today... that's unheard of. He hasn't had 2 naps in one day for months now.
While he was sleeping I was able to get some dishes done, and do my laundry.
Once he woke up I got him ready to go visiting teaching with me, while Kyle worked on his homework for the night.
After we got home, Kyle and I put in the new Indiana Jones. We popped some popcorn, which Porter loves to eat. After he had eaten his fill, he started feeding Kyle and I... it was so cute.
Then he found something even more appetizing... his brown crayon. You can see it on his bottom lip.

Not a ton of pictures, but today went by so quickly. Hopefully I'll do a bit better tomorrow. (At least I made it through a post without restating my love for a certain carbonated beverage... consider yourselves lucky...I think I was tired when I wrote that last night, please forgive me...)

No comments: